Saturday, July 21, 2007

Promise Kept

Well, I finally kept my word: I bought a truck. If you don't already know, it's a 1985 Nissan King Cab, bought from a good friend of our family. In fact, Glenn Gerbrandt used to be the pastor in Mont Nebo, so that's how we know him so well. But anyway, back to the truck.
The truck itself isn't the most pretty thing in the world. It's kinda orange-ish (is that a word?), with little stripes of black down the side. It had more than enough rust, and the passenger side door is actually rusted through! But you can't see through the door because the interior is still intact. It actually has room for 4 people, but that would be very crowded.
Now I imagine some of you are excited with me and want to take a spin in the vehicle. I can't allow you do this however. Now it's not that I hate you or don't want you people contaminating my truck, I have a much better excuse: It shouldn't be driven in its condition.
Yes it runs, but not well. It has major problems that need to be dealt with. It needs a new clutch, muffler, parking brake, speedometer, work on the rear end of some sort, and more than likely another hundred problems. Let me put it this way, if this truck was a human, it would be in sore shape. I picture it as a car crash victim with a busted arm, broken legs, and alot of damaged organs on the inside. Pretty sad shape I'm afraid, but by no means should I give up on the truck. That would be like the doctor taking a look at a patient, saying it's hopeless to do anything and then the doctor walks away. That won't happen with me.
Now, I am again faced with a pretty big dilemma. Just like the Saskatchewan health care system, our shop is backed up. With only one "doctor" on duty, there is alot of work for him. Fist of all the Jetta, which is long term work. It's like open-heart surgery or something. Then their was emergency "patients", like Uncle Rays truck and the work vehicle. My truck will have to wait for at least 3 weeks to even get looked at, which shoots down my plans.
What are my plans you ask? I was planning to fix up my truck before I have to go to Nipawin, and then have a 4 wheel drive vehicle to power myself up their. It's pretty bad in the winter their, alot of snow. Anyway, what would I do with Granny Nesbitt? Well, Granny Nesbitt (my car) would be traded to my sister Klara for her little Tempo and some cash. I would then sell the Tempo, and pocket the money, I want to at least break even, that is my goal.
So I hope that everything goes according to plan, although I hardly think it will. I believe that I will have to have my car for a while in Nipawin, which is sorta unfortunate. However, my truck will be ready for deer season, and that is where it will come in handy most.

No comments: